ok things to keep in mind for fanfics and thinking about next season:
- Ian is still Ian, his whole personality hasn’t changed because he now has bipolar disorder
- Ian doesn’t need to be fixed, and bipolar disorder cannot be cured with love and kindness
- Ian is not doomed because he has bipolar disorder and suicide is not inevitable nor is hospitalization, like it can happen but it doesn’t have to happen
- bipolar disorder is not uniform and it effects people differently, and Ian is not Monica
- bipolar disorder can be managed with both medicine and a healthy lifestyle which includes exercise and healthy dieting WHICH IAN ACTUALLY IS GOOD AT UNLIKE MONICA
- Ian is actually well disciplined and he was already back to working out regularly so there’s hope that he can manage his condition more successfully than Monica when and if he gets the proper help !!!
- Ian is not helpless or hopeless !!!
- if he does end up hospitalized, or if it takes time to learn how to manage the condition, that’s okay it realistically takes time and it could take a significant amount of time and hospitalization is kinda a worse case scenario but my friend has been hospitalized twice already but now she’s back in college studying brain science and she’s been very successful okay and she did it on her own with support from family and friends
- Ian is not his mental illness, it’s just something he has to live with and learn to manage just as anyone has to live with and manage any chronic condition they may have whether it be a mental illness or not
- also mental illness doesn’t just have emotional effects but physical effects as well y’know like if Ian’s laying in bed all day he might actually feel physically tired and/or have a stomach ache and/or a head ache it’s not all about emotions.